IceChat plugins are a way to enhance the client functionality.
The source code has a Plugin folder, with a Blank Plugin template to work from.
All installed plugins must be placed in a Plugins subfolder under the installation folder (which by default is located in ()
The Plugins Folder can be opened from the Browse Plugins Folder under the Help menu.
Initially, IceChat comes with an optional Highlite plugin. Several others are available for download on the IceChat 9 Plugins of the site's download page, each listed below.
This plugin performs a Google search.
Several (usually 5) top results will be displayed on the current tab.
High lite Plugin
Nick High Lite Plugin
Simple Script Plugin
This plugin allows the user to define some commands in response to events.
To add or edit a command, open the IceChat Editor from the Tool Bar or the Options menu entry, or by the key shortcut
The Simple Script tab lists all the existing commands. Each command can be temporarily disabled by un-checking its checkbox.
Each command is edited in the Script Item window.
The example in the screenshot is designed to help erroneous join statement in #IceChat channel.
If a user type
join #channel (without '/') in #IceChat channel, the following message will be displayed:
To join a channel, type /join #channel
- Script event
- Choose the required event from a list. The command will be triggered when this event occurs.
- Text to match
- Type the text that will trigger this specific command. The text can be a regular expression, as in the above example.
- Channel/ Nick match
- where would the command be performed. In the above example, the command will only be displayed in #IceChat channel.
In case of a nick, the command will be displayed in response to that nick only.
- Command to run
- Any IRC command can be used and it can include IceChat Identifiers listed on the Identifiers page or the Colors' Messages page.
The Twitter plugin display tweets from the users listed for it, in colors to differentiate between the accounts.
To set users to be displayed, open the Settings window of IceChat from the Tool Bar or the Options menu entry, or by the key shortcut
The tweets can be displayed on a single @Twitter tab, or on a separate @<user name> tab for each user.
This plugin connects a user to the Buzzen chat network. The first time this plugin is used, IceChat requests the email address registered with Buzzen, and the password.
These are sent to the server for authentication, during connection.
Using this plugin you can see messages from various channels in a single window.
The plugin's effect can be switched on or off by right-clicking on the Server Tree channel, and checking / un-checking it.
If, for some reason you cannot see the plugin's window under the status bar, try the following:
- Make sure the plugin's dll is located in the Plugins folder (see above)
- Check that the plugin is enabled in the Options -> Loaded Plugins -> Channel Monitor (under the main menu)
- If the plugin is enabled, and still no window is displayed, disable the plugin and then re-enable it
This plugins returns a random string from the several provided strings.
!decide string 1,string 2,string 3 ,.....
Each time the command will return one of the strings randomally.
This plugin returns a quote of a requested verse.
!bible [book name] [chapter:verse]
!bible Proverbs 18:21
Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love its use will eat its fruit
IceChat results are from the bible.org site